My research attempts to integrate cognitive robots into smart factories and social environments through the embodiment of AI solutions, inspired by the human behavior, into robotic devices. From the economical perspective, cognitive robots have the potential to significantly increase the productivity and the flexibility of modern enterprises. From the social point of view, robots with embodied AI capabilities will improve the working conditions and will guarantee seamless care and assistance to people in need.
News & Updates
- 28/01/2021 - I will give a talk about Making robots to learn from human observation? at the event “Showcasing Young Austrian Scientists and Scholars”, organized by the Austrian cultural forum, Ottawa (on-line).
- 14/01/2021 - I will give a talk about Hierarchical action decomposition and motion learning for the execution of manipulation tasks at the event "Hello Tyrol calling! Robotics Talk online", organized by GMAR, Salzburg (on-line).
- 22/10/2020 - I'm organizing the 2 days workshop 13th International Workshop on Human-Friendly Robotics (HFR 2020)
- 22/10/2020 - One paper accepted in Frontiers in Robotics and AI!
- "Variable impedance control and learning - A review" by Fares J. Abu-Dakka and Matteo Saveriano
- 20/08/2020 - One paper accepted in SMC'20!
- "Reconfigurable Behavior Trees: Towards an Executive Framework Meeting High-Level Decision Making and Control Layer Features" by Pilar de la Cruz, Justus Piater, and Matteo Saveriano.
- 10/07/2020 - One paper accepted in RAL and invited for presentation to IROS'20!
- "Manipulation Planning using Object-centered Predicates and Hierarchical Decomposition of Contextual Actions" by Alejandro Agostini, Matteo Saveriano, Dongheui Lee, and Justus Piater
- 10/03/2020 - One paper accepted in ICRA'20!
- "An Energy-based Approach to Ensure the Stability of Learned Dynamical Systems" by Matteo Saveriano.
- 01/01/2020 - I have been appointed Assistant Professor at the University of Innsbruck.
- 15/07/2019 - I will give a talk about Learning Structured Robotic Tasks via Human Imitation at the School of Learning, perception, and Robotics (SPROuT), Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science, University of Trento, Italy.
- 10/07/2019 - One paper accepted in RA-L
- "Intuitive Programming of Conditional Tasks by Demonstration of Multiple Solutions" by Eiband, Saveriano, and Lee.
- 20/06/2019 - One paper accepted in IROS'19!
- "Learning Barrier Functions for Constrained Motion Planning with Dynamical Systems" by Saveriano and Lee.
- 20/06/2019 - Our workshop Factory of the Future - How to digitalize the robot-aided manufacturing process in Industry 4.0? has been accepted at IROS'19!
- 03/06/2019 - After many years (7.5 WOW!) in Munich I moved to the University of Innsbruck to join the Department of Computer Science and the Digital Science Center (DiSC).